Over at my friend Cat's Live journal is a sort of questionnaire:
1. What song/movie/icon reminds me of you.
2. I will try to name a single word that best describes you.
3. I'll tell you the most memorable moment I've had with you.
4. I will tell you what animal you remind me of.
5. I'll then tell you something that I've always wondered about you.
She posted her impressions about me so it's only fair that I do the same for her seeing as she's been a longtime friend and confidant.
1. In addition to the soundtrack from Chess, which stands as a strong reminder of my early friendship, Don Henley's 'Boys of Summer' has always struck me as the single song that puts me in mind of her. Not all the lyrics really work but its not really about the lyrics so much as the style of the sing (and video) and the fact that it marks a very specific time.
2. Using a single word to describe a good friend is like trying to select one favorite food. It is an insult to food. If I were to have a gun put to my head I suppose I would be forced to use 'Talented' but its such a weak word to describe the multitude of skills she possesses.
3. Most memorable moment. As I get older I tend to loose details from my past. It is at times alarming to hear some of the things I have said and done. But some moments are still clear, and a particular Halloween outing to Lewis Woods still strikes me as very magical. A group of geeks in garb in the woods wondering what we would do if we were in 'The Lord of the Rings' story.
4. Cat has often reminded me of a cat. Enigmatic, frustrating, wide-eyed and inquisitive. Slightly mischievous.
5. Something I have always wondered... Hmmm There's a couple of questions lurking there. Why Evergreen? A school so damn far away? Why haven't you finished the comic? Really. Why does your heart seem like such an elusive target? Why don't you call more often? Too many questions...
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment